Subject: Re: B5 to Film & Video
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 95 23:24:51 PST

On Mon, 30 Oct 1995, David Warner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I wrote:
>> >I know that they record to film and then dub to video for television.  
>JEric wrote:
>
>> 	Hmmmm, can someone confirm this?  I know that it's a good idea, I'd like 
>> to know some more details, etc.  Like, where do they have the conversion 
done, 
>> how much per frame, does the 25fps button make a differences, yadayadayada...
>
>
>I originally read about B5 going to film on the rec.arts.sf.tv.B5 newsgroup,
>directly from the fingers of JMS...

	Hmmmm, considering JMS's, urmmm, liberal-arts grasp of >some< of the 
technicalities, I'd STILL like to hear from a Foundation staffer.  (David, I 
think I read that same post, but you know JMS: he's been wrong before.)

>Next week's episode (the final episode of the 2nd season) looks awesome!  
>The previews have some of the most complex battle sequences I've ever 
>scene...looks like Foundation Imaging pulled out all of the stops on this 
>season finale!  I'm counting the hours until it airs....

	Indeed!!!  ALL LIGHTWAVERs owe it to themselves to watch BABYLON 5: the
show before last had the COOLEST shot of the Centauran ambassador standing in a 
window of a space-battleship, illuminated (!) by composited animated weapons 
flashing by outside the window, and a reverse of the same shot with him 
>>reflected<< in the window.....yow!  The piece' de resistance was when a 
passing cruiser thru a shadow over him-- very very VERY nice.

	And the mass drivers were cool too!

>                                     -David Warner

****************************************************************************
** [email-masked]        		   |  Synergy Graphix & Animation
** Welcome to Seattle, have a latte'!      | Technical Subjects a Specialty!
** Don't make me force it down your throat.....
****************************************************************************
--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]